Keep Teeth Healthy
Brushing Teeth Regularly Is So Important!
Tips on How to Brush Teeth!
You know to keep teeth healthy
is not that hard to do. It takes regular check-ups and homecare to have them. Here is a good routine to follow.
Brushing teeth at least twice a day is a must! Always brush before bedtime and after breakfast, this will enable you to start your day fresh, during the day no doubt you will be dinning out, chewing sugar-free gum does have its benefits as this will neutralize and wash away acids that are produced from foods.
Keep Teeth Healthy Do’s and Don’ts
Things you don't Do
- Don't brush your teeth too hard as this can cause gum bleeding open to infection
- Don't brush your teeth directly after a meal - let your saliva do its natural work
- Don't brush your teeth longer than 3 minutes, as this can lead to unnecessary wear on your enamel.
- Don't leave your teeth too long between cleaning, plaque will build up and can cause gum disease
- Don't grind your teeth as this can lead to unnecessary wear
- Don’t eat really hard things as they can chip teeth
Things you must Do
- Do brush your teeth two to three times daily
- Do floss your teeth daily
- Do brush your teeth between 2 and 3 minutes at a time
- Do chew sugar free gum
- Do use mouth wash daily
- Do visit your dentist regularly
- Do get your teeth cleaned by a Dental Hygienist twice yearly
If at all possible, brushing teeth after having sugary treats will help immensely. Research indicates that leaving sugary treats on your teeth will lead to tooth decay.
The same is true of other foods. The longer the food particles are in the mouth, the more likely that tooth decay will begin. That's why brushing soon after eating is advisable.
Flossing is as important as brushing. Flossing removes food particles that become trapped in the gaps between one tooth and another. Waxed dental floss is easier to use and less likely to cut the gums than the un-waxed type.
Choosing good toothpaste is important. Ingredients to look for include fluoride, baking soda and peroxide.
Fluoride is important for reducing the risk of cavities. Baking soda helps to keep enamel white, fight bad breath and remove stains. Hydrogen peroxide provides the same benefits. The two ingredients are often found together.
Brushing teeth regular-properly is another part of how to keep teeth healthy. The brush should be held at a 45 degree angle to the surface to be brushed. Back and forth, as well as circular motions should be used to remove food particles, tartar and plaque. Remember to brush all surfaces: cheek-side, tongue-side and chewing surfaces.
The Importance of how to Keep Teeth Healthy
Dentists recommend brushing teeth for a minimum of two minutes. Setting a timer or using an electric toothbrush
that includes one can help ensure that you reach that minimum time limit.
Be gentle. Scrubbing too vigorously can cause injury to the gums and eventually cause the gums to recede.
Brushing your tongue can help you have healthy teeth by removing bacteria that helps plaque to grow. It also reduces bad breath.
You can follow brushing and flossing with a mouthwash or fluoride rinse to help remove any germs or food particles that you missed. Rinsing with mouthwash is not essential, but it is simple to do and it could reduce your risk of cavities.
Dental Floss Daily
Snack on crunchy fiber rich vegetables like carrots and apples to give your teeth a workout and keep them strong. Drink an 8 ounce cup of milk every day or take a calcium supplement, you know to keep teeth healthy will ultimately last most of your life.
- Keep Teeth Healthy Blog Updates
- The Healthy Teeth Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additional changes to the keep-teeth-healthy.com Website. Subscribe here.
- Kids Teeth the importance of Kids Dental Health
- Essentials for kids teeth make tooth brushing as fun as possible. Importance of dental care for kids for more information and tips.
- Bad Breath Cures | Bad Breath
- Bad Breath Cures don’t forget to regularly use Antiseptic Mouthwash twice a day after you brush your teeth to kill germs that cause bad breath, plaque and gingivitis.
- How to Whiten Teeth, at Home Teeth Whitening
- How to Whiten Teeth at home, sometimes this can be a bit tricky, here you will find all the info you need. Use teeth whitening gel safely!
- Best Electric Toothbrush Encourages Complete Plaque Removal!
- Guild to your best electric toothbrush, lots of choice and great prices, here you will find out why ultrasonic toothbrushes are so beneficial for you.
- Dental Phobia overcome your fears of the dentist | Gentle Dental
- How to overcome dental phobia your fear of the dentist can be over whelming. Look out for Gentle Dental, these practices specialize in this phobia.
- Teeth Whitening Kits | Home Teeth Whitening
- Grab Teeth Whitening Kits at a fraction of the price and get the same results as you would at your dentist. Home teeth whitening! Safe to order online.
- Dental insurance plans, get the right cover for you and your Family
- Dental insurance plans offer you the freedom to choose from more than 30 national and regional discount dental plans
- Dental Implant Insurance is there such a thing?
- Are companies including Dental Implant Insurance? you might have to shop around and if they do, you will pay a large premium! know the facts.
- Dental Insurance for Self Employed | dental insurance plans
- Now there is much more to choose from, for those that need dental insurance for self employed there will be a few things that you will need to know.
- Denture Adhesive keep your false teeth in place.
- Keeping false teeth secure with Denture Adhesive, different types and what's best for you! For more information and tips...
- Affordable Dentures vary enormously so shop around.
- Searching for Affordable Dentures can be a daunting task; here you will find information on discount programs, services and most of all value for money.
- Dental Bridge | Dental Bridges
- Fill that gap with a Dental Bridge, much lower in price than a tooth implant. Dental Health is so important! It will keep your cost down dramatically.
- Denture Implants an alternative Cosmetic solution
- Denture implants can be an option to false teeth and you can have all your teeth back, smile and eat naturally again!
- Dental implant bridge could be a better alternative
- Dental implant bridge can be a very good option for replacing Lost or Damaged Teeth
- Same Day Dentures | Immediate Dentures
- Same Day Dentures, need new teeth? Nowadays they look so natural you could have new dentures in a day, in some cases you may pay a premium for more info...
- Titanium dental implants and there structure
- Titanium dental implants can offer individuals with missing teeth the chance to once again have appealing and functional teeth.
- Mini Dental Implants | tooth implants a Better Option for Denture Wearers
- <B>Mini Dental Implants</B> what a brilliant idea more popular treatment to replace missing teeth, as they provide a much better solution.
- Philips sonicare toothbrush recommended by dental hygienists.
- Try Philips sonicare toothbrush you will not be disappointed one of the few that do the job properly.
- Ultrasonic toothbrush with sonic wave technology.
- Ultrasonic toothbrush is totally different from that of others and its performance is beyond comparison.
- Electric Toothbrush Reviews | Electric toothbrush is so much easier.
- Electric Toothbrush Reviews there so much better than an conventional toothbrush.
- Dental Braces Care | Caring for your teeth with dental braces
- Dental braces care you will need to take extra care of your teeth as dental braces can trap additional food and plaque...Read more related articles.
- Mouth Ulcer Treatment and to further prevent mouth ulcers from forming.
- Mouth Ulcer Treatment there are some simple solutions you can do to reduce the discomfort while you have a mouth ulcer, consult your doctor if the problem persists.
- Gum Infection Preventing and Treating Symptoms of Gum Disease.
- Gum Infection Preventing and Treating this condition can happen when stressed or neglect of oral hygiene there are certain things you can do... read more.
- Teeth Veneers can make all the difference | Dental Veneers.
- Teeth Veneers are a good option if you can not whiten your teeth naturally or they have aged badly, veneers can make a chipped tooth look good again.
- Canker Sores and why this form of Mouth Ulcer appears
- Canker Sores are a form of mouth ulcer (aphthous ulcer) these can be very painful and most times be easily treated. They tend to be more present in women than men learn more...
- Sore Gums | Swollen Gums
- If you suffer from sore gums don't hesitate get it looked at! This form of gum infection could get worse! For more info.
- Tongue Sores and Suggested Home Remedies
- There is so many of us that suffer from tongue sores and tongue blisters, at least now a days we are getting more and more cures and remedies for these type of problems.
- Make Teeth Whiter bring more confidence back in to your smile.
- Some of the best ways to make teeth whiter whether it is Laser, stripes or bleaching some are quicker than others and some are more awkward than others.
- Tonsil Stones how to prevent tonsillolith.
- They are a nuisance Tonsil Stones! Also known as (tonsillolith). And can give you really bad breath, we're here to help prevent and cure.
- Ultrasonex toothbrush, benefits and ease of use.
- Ultrasonex Toothbrush what good things they have to say about it, are its durability, style, ease of use and value for money.
- The Cost of Braces and Other Considerations, types of teeth braces.
- What to consider when it comes to the cost of braces, length of time, where you live, how badly your teeth are out of line and the type of teeth braces you need.
- Braces for Teeth, the need to straighten teeth, dental braces
- Don't worry if you need Braces for Teeth you can get invisible braces they may take longer but will do the job to straighten your teeth.
- Girls with Braces Some are Practically Invisible.
- Better options nowadays for Girls with Braces like the lingual type which are practically invisible and fit behind the teeth for more info.....
- Dental Implant Prices | Tooth Implants Cost
- Dental Implant Prices will inevitably vary and it can depend on your location we are all looking for affordable dentures hand crafted and natural looking.
- Denture Prices | Dentures Cost
- Denture Prices will inevitably vary and it can depend on your location we are all looking for affordable dentures hand crafted and natural looking.
- Tooth Infection | Rotten Teeth
- Useful info on tooth infection and preventative measures you can put into action, the last thing you need is root canal treatment.
- Toothache Remedies | Tooth Pain
- Toothache Remedies read all about remedies old and new. Toothache can be so undeniably painful much of this will be a temporary fix.
- Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) use denal guards for teeth grinding
- Methods for Teeth Grinding protection and possible solutions to stop this disorder! Also known as Bruxism. Take immediate action with a dental guard.
- Broken Tooth or chipped Tooth best possible treatments.
- If you have a broken tooth or just chipped your tooth do not delay go straight to your dentist so they can determine best course action.
- Braces Before and After In The End Straight Teeth.
- Braces Before and After let's remind our self's of what braces are all about and the end result we are looking for.
- Ceramic Braces and benfits to you.
- Why some people prefer ceramic braces, they blend in nicely with your natural teeth, less metallic looking and most of all a less embarrassing smile.
- Burning Mouth Syndrome, Burning Tongue Causes and Remedies
- Burning mouth or known as (BMS) burning mouth syndrome a very painful and frustrating contition. Here you will find possible remedies.
- Dry Mouth | also Known as Xerostomia.
- Causes and treatments of Dry Mouth also known as "XEROSTOMIA" failure of the salivary glands to function properly. It affects about one in every four to five adults, mainly women.
- Receding Gums Taking Care and Preventing Gum Disease
- Causes and treatments of receding gums preventative measures most important factors is Oral Hygiene and brushing to hard with a hard brush.
- Tooth Extraction, Tooth Removal Aftercare and Support.
- Preparation for Tooth Extraction, here you will find teeth removal aftercare (gentle dentistry) new procedures to give you extra comfort less anxiety.
- Dental Hygiene Taking Care of Your Teeth and Gums.
- Welcome to Dental Hygiene your guild to all aspects of oral hygiene, loads of tips and recommendations here.
- Tooth Pain Short Term Toothache Remedies!
- What can we do about Tooth Pain! Obvious causes, immediate short term toothache remedies and best actions to take.
- Dental Shop offers products to help keep good dental care.
- Our Dental Shop offers a great variety of products from trusted sites, also keeping in mind when it comes to kids teeth dental care is so important!
- Contact Me Oral Hygiene Tips and Comments
- Contact Me Oral Hygiene Tips and Comments
- Disclosure Policy
- Disclosure Policy
- Gold Teeth | Gold Fillings, Caps and Crowns.
- gold teeth | Gold tooth still have practical uses in the dental world; can be an ultimate status symbol, look and feel good with a little touch of gold.
- Best Mouthwash prevents Bad Breath and reduces Dental Plaque.
- Best Mouthwash let's look at the benifits! Especially to enhance brushing and flossing teeth, reduce plaque (gingivitis) and bad breath (halitosis).
- Benefits of using dental floss and easy clean floss picks!
- Using Dental Floss is recommended especially when you need to get between your teeth. Effective flossing each day will reduce plaque, also try dental tape easier to use!