Titanium Dental Implants How Successful Are They?

Titanium Dental Implants


Put back that confident smile titanium dental implants consist of a screw-like structure that is inserted into a hole drilled into the jawbone. They are most successful in the lower jaw bone at the front of the mouth, although they can be positioned anywhere and the overall average success rate is around 95%. In the other 5% of cases, several things may occur.


In order for the procedure to be successful, the bone must grow around, over and integrate with the screw. This is referred to as osseointegration. In order to encourage osseointegration, an implant may be coated with hydroxylapatite. A similar procedure is used during hip and other joint replacements.


In most of the cases that fail, the bone fails to integrate with the screw. The result is a loose "root" that cannot hold a false tooth. If that happens, the screw must be removed and the patient must use dentures or a bridge that attaches to other, healthy teeth.


The procedure is contraindicated in anyone with type II diabetes, because of poor healing due to inadequate blood flow in the jaw. People taking certain medications are advised against having the procedure performed, because of complications that may occur.


So, if you suffer from any health problems or take regular medications, you should consult your doctor before you consider having titanium dental implants. Failures not caused by lack of osseointegration are often associated with existing health problems or treatment for them.


People that clench or grind their teeth should wear a custom-made mouth guard at night, particularly during the healing process. Natural teeth have a ligament that allows them to "give" during grinding. The implants are immobile. So, grinding is more likely to cause pain and interfere with success.


If you are considering this kind of procedure, you should be sure to choose a specialist that is experienced in titanium dental implants. There have been cases of permanent nerve damage caused by the improper insertion of the screws. Persistent numbness and/or pain are among the warning signs that the screw has damaged a nerve. Immediate follow-up care is essential.


If you are like 95% of the population, you will not experience any of these problems. The implantation will be successful and you will have full use of a tooth or teeth that may have been missing for quite some time.


Titanium dental implants are currently the most popular choice
for replacing missing teeth. They are a low maintenance alternative to dentures or bridges. The benefits of a successful implant are the lifespan which is normally 15 to 20 years.

Back from Titanium Dental Implants to Denture Implants

Protected by CopyrightSpot

Back to Keep-Teeth-Healthy-Com

Privacy Policy

Titanium Dental Implants


Teeth Whitening Kits
Safely use these Kits at Home.

Natural Teeth Whitening

Dental Shop USA


Email

Name

Then

Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Healthy Teeth Tips and Recommendations.



Best Mouthwash
Get Rid of Nasties
in the Mouth


Dental Care


Language